Long XC Step Down Intervals ; Keith 300m Hill Intervals

The weather cool to warm, windy, some cloud. Grass was cut a few days ago, it has been cored and surface covered with layer of sand. During the week some trucks installing a fence around the dam created some ruts. They are less obvious now. Surface similar speed to last week.

Steve still with a hammy issue, I started late. Only one set today, all in together with Gabe, Mia, Helen and myself. Pam was doing 1000m intervals before we started.

The set: 5000m warm up, 4 x 100m, 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute efforts with 2 minutes jog recovery, 1000m warm down.

As usual the girls were all close together. Helen and Mia very hard to split.

Of me: No pacing the girls today, I was at maximum threshold from the start and over maximum threshold for the last three efforts. In the 6 minute effort I was through 1000m in 3:12 which is six seconds better than last week. I felt great again and now running at 3:10/km or so through the whole set, quicker at the end. Physically I'm getting there. I will wait three more weeks until I turn my head on mentally for 2016. It will be a very long year.

Coffee outdoors post session, a change of venue.

This afternoon a 50 minute loosener, tomorrow a 3000m cycle path handicap. I won't leave anything in the tank. No hope of posting 99% ast to beat Gwen.

Keith in Bega 300m hill intervals, all very quick (in the 50s). He's in great shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m