Long XC Step Down Intervals ; Keith in Bega

The weather cool to warm, windy, some cloud. Grass was cut a few days ago, is now long again. Track is getting slower by the week.

I was a later than usual starter, Steve has a hammy issue. Only one set today, all in together with Minnie, Gabe, Mia, Kathy, Helen and myself. KT, SK, Missy were out there doing own thing.

The set: 5000m warm up, 4 x 100m, 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute efforts with 2 minutes jog recovery, 2000m warm down.

As usual the girls were all close together. Mia ran 5km road on Tuesday in 22 minutes, was the quickest in the first two efforts just in front of Helen. Helen quickest in the remaining efforts with Kathy equal to her on the final effort. They all seemed to be running very well.

Of me: No pacing the girls today, I was at maximum threshold from the start and over maximum threshold for the last three efforts. In the 6 minute effort I was through 1000m in 3:18 which is quicker again on the previous week. My last effort was 400m in 70 seconds, into a block head wind. My recovery was around 400m-200m back to the girls as the intervals got shorter. I'll keep this session going until the Christmas break when I will start ramping things up using the 1000m posts as pacing tools, running flat out and with longer recovery.

Brunch outdoors post session. Bella enjoyed some bacon.

This afternoon a 30 minute loosener, tomorrow a long run in the forest.

Keith in Bega 8km in morning, lunch session on grass athletics track, windy, muggy. Set: 5 x 100m (19-16), 6 x 500m @<3:20/km. Splits: 99,97,98,96,95,95.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024