Long XC Step Down Intervals ; Keith in Parkrun Bowral

Stromlo this morning (and Helen on coast). Warm, humid, just a breeze. No magpie swooping (that's it until next spring). All the same set.

Steve and I early: 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute efforts with 60 seconds jog recovery. Started at 3:30/km for first effort, held same pace for next two efforts, reduced down to sub-3:00/km for final 400m effort.

Next set 15 minutes later with Kathy and Mia, I accompanied the quicker of the two during the intervals, Kathy starting fast, Mia with a fast finish. Minnie did same set on her own. Pam there also TT work on criterium track, did warm up with us. Helen same set on coast.

Keith at Parkrun Bowral 5km in 18:19 2nd. His son Andrew 1st in 17:20.

Of me: After an easier week niggles are gone. 24km today, 130km for the week. I said two weeks easy so won't push things until Thursday at track. At this stage it will be a solid 3000m early and One Hour run late. I will assess when I see the weather forecast and how I feel on the day.

Next set on Monday, short lactate XC intervals, no more than 2000m of total efforts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024