Black Mountain : Strength / Power Hill ; Roads to Run UP! : Lacets du Grand Colombier - 8.4km at 7.6% (891m)

My best set this week took less than 30 minutes. The weather has been awful.

Stretching and Jog from work, 8 minutes warm up, 7 minutes climb at maximum threshold or above, gradient 15% reducing to 5% last 2 minutes at quicker tempo, jog back to work, hot shower.

I've still managed to fit in the volume. Weather doesn't look good on the forecast. Next set will be when it is not raining, cold and windy.

On the positive I have booked either or both airfares and a hotel up to June 2017 to keep me motivated. July 2017 for Tour de France will be booked as well but that's another story.

In not much more than a moth I'll be running up the Lacets du Grand Colombier - 8.4km at 7.6% (891m). The road is narrow and will be busy. It will be more of a photo opportunity than a training run but I'm looking forward to it already. I've ridden and run up Alpe d'Huez numerous times, this looks much tighter although much easier...just as tasty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m