ACT Masters Track : 3000m, 800m Handicap

On track for the 800m handicap which doubles as Higgins Memorial and Pennington series events. I used the earlier 3000m as a warm up with strides in the straight, just over 12 minutes.

The 800m handicap was chaos as usual. There was a +4.2m/s wind in the home straight for the sprinters earlier. It wasn't so bad when we were running. We were giving front markers over a minute head start. I got out quick to give myself a chance at catching everyone. I caught Kathy with 200m to go and couldn't quite get onto John's heels. We still had Corrie to catch as well. Steve got onto mine with 100m to go, I had to settle for 3rd place.

I think I've done enough now to keep both the big trophies on my mantle again for the year (Moore and Pennington). I have to wait for February to confirm the Pennington series.

That's it for me and track racing for 2016. I can get back into hard training again for January 2017 when I turn 55 and go up an age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024