ACT Masters Track : Mile, Long Jump, 3000m

More fun at the track yesterday. Weather was awful early for hay fever sufferers and distance runners, good for the sprinters with strong hot winds blowing rubbish out of the trees. By the end of evening it was perfect for running with no wind and cool.

In the mile almost everyone had a sore throat and/or hay fever at race end. Times on the slow side.

3000m had a few starters including Steve and myself. Steve took the load for the first few laps while I warmed up again. Steve ended up with 10:18ish, 10:02ish for myself. I felt very good once I got going.

In between Mile and 3000m I did a few long jumps for fun. No damage done. Earlier I did a short set including a few 100m efforts in 14 seconds.

Next set on Saturday on grass at Stromlo. Next Thursday will be Higgins 800m Handicap and Pennington 800m Handicap combined in same race. I'll be doing a few short 200m sets getting ready for that.

For the 23rd straight month I've averaged 110/km per week. It's part of my discipline and part of rarely being injured, mostly staying on the safe side of the fence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024