ACT Masters Track Week 1 : 3000m

A good start to the track season despite the weather. Strong winds blowing cotton out of the trees made it difficult to breathe and certainly not worth the health risk of a second run in the 1500m. When I got to the start line for the 3000m my only thoughts were get this race over quick and shut the mouth into the wind to stop the cotton getting in.

Keith had a great run first up. He is 5 years older than me and it took all of the race to get 40 seconds on him. 10:05 v 10:44 and very close in age adjusted terms. Keith is top 4 M60 (in a good crop)in Australia by my measure.

I'll have an easy couple of days before 10km Run With the Wind...very hilly and very windy. It will be a good warm up for Burnie 10km the following week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024