Road From World Masters Athletics Championships Perth 2016 : 8000m XC

Just over a year ago we were lucky to have the World Masters Athletics Championships in Perth. It was a great carnival and began with a great holiday on Rottnest Island.

I couldn't fault any of my races. In a week long carnival the best race as a distance runner is usually the first competition. Following that fatigue sets in slowly and each subsequent race is often against fresh competition and possibly better athletes for that event. Cross country has always been my best event. I set myself for this race. Things went well.

In the race itself I was looking to get away solo or with one other or to lock down a medal early. When it became a bunch of four, three M50 plus (Anders,Paul,myself) one M55 runner (David Sweeney who had an outstanding meet), all great athletes, for me it became a game of survival and tactics. Luckily for me Paul Thomson set a cracking pace when he and David caught Anders and myself. That allowed my to freshen up the legs and head, roll the dice at the point I had pre-planned the day before.

Here are all of the video cuts from that day.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024