Parkrun Gungahlin 5km 16:39 1st

Weather warm, mostly sunny, windy. I wasn't as fatigued as my last run here. All I had to contend with was more wind and a slippery track in places from overnight rain. I had a lead out for the first kilometre from Ben.

Splits: 3:12, 3:22, 3:16, 3:25, 3:21 = 16:39. I had good running form again throughout. Some areas were wet and slippery with debris under the trees, I didn't push it in those places, especially the final twisting 500m.

This afternoon a 12km recovery run, 132km last 7 days. Next set tomorrow morning on track, 800m 1500m specific. I'll see what the conditions are in the morning. New Years Day Parkrun again, starts late at 9:30am, it could be hot by then. That may be my last Parkrun for a bit. I'll focus on long intervals speeds at around 3:10/km in place of Parkrun in the final weeks before Oceania Masters Athletics Championships in New Zealand. Then it's switch on mode in the lead up to Australian Masters Athletics Championships in Perth, late April.

Keith in Bega cruised around Parkrun at approx 4:00/km. Steve ran a 3km at 85-90%.

Brunch was at 2B4Ten with Jaffa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024