Parkrun Gungahlin 5km 16:34 3rd ; Keith and Steve Updates

Very warm to hot and humid at Parkrun this morning, no wind. I was there with Helen and KT, Roger also. My first of five Parkruns in the next couple of weeks or so.

I had Brad Croker and Chappo to lead me out this morning. Brad was on fire in testing conditions. I ran a controlled run with good running form for most of it, a little cooked in the final 2km, very happy with 16:34, a new Parkrun PB. The first 3km I was running at 3:14/km on the flat sections, same pace I trained at on Thursday morning for the longer efforts. I need to do some track tempo work at 3:10/km in the next few weeks.

I now lead the age graded table with 92+% ahead of Rowan Walker and Marty Dent. I'm hoping to shave some more time off in the next few runs.

KT forgot her barcode, is still a Parkrun virgin with 22 minutes (no barcode, no result policy). Helen ran 23:42, just behind her 23:36 a year ago. Both great runs in the conditions.

Keith ran 2 x 2500m tempo this morning. Splits: 9:31, 9:41.

Steve ran Parkrun XC with hills, 2nd in 22:11. Rough Splits: 4:00,4:30,4:50,4:50,3:50. Nice setup for his trail race very soon.

This afternoon an easy recovery run. Tomorrow a long run incorporating track session at 800m / 1500m pace. That followed by brunch at Little Oink to celebrate the birthdays of Roger and KT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024