Parkrun Gungahlin 5km 16:33 2nd

Dejavu weather to last week, warm to hot, no wind. I had Chappo to lead me out today again and I remembered to press start on the garmin this time so I can compare future splits. Nothing surprising. On the flat I am well under 3:20/km. A few short hills add a few seconds here and there.

In the run I felt OK. I'm never going to feel great with 130km in the legs for the week. I race best off 85km. I held form for most of it again. Really cooked in the sun last 2km again. I didn't finish off how I'd like to.

Splits: 3:09,3:21,3:16,3:21,3:19. Official time 16:33, one second quicker than last week.

I'll run this course again on Christmas Day. I expect a similar time again. Tomorrow morning a track set 800m 1500m specific incorporated into long run.

Oceania Masters Athletics Championships in four weeks away. I know I'll be good in 5000m and 8000m XC. I have some competition in the 800m and 1500m, I'd like to be up for those races especially.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024