Parkrun Coombs 5km XC 17:13 2nd

This morning 235 runners ran Parkrun Coombs inaugural event. A few of my friends took part and had fun and great results. Amazing to see how many of them top 15 in age standard terms (Ann and Helen both in top 7 ast along with myself). The course all XC surface out and back with grass, dirt and gravel, undulating with the first 1500m mostly down and the last 1500m mostly up, otherwise undulating, quite a few deep erosion trenches to jump or dodge.

Of me: ITB issues still at play. Jim 3rd today has the same issue coming from the same spot and treating it the same way. I am over 120km this week, running really well again, not much to complain about. I have to get a rolling and stretching routine happening all day to keep things moving along until it subsides.

Jim led the first 500m, I took over and led until 1km to go, didn't have much left in the last 800m all up. On my limit all the way. Once again in not my fast shoes. Splits: 8:21, 8:51 =17:13. Lost 15 seconds running up hill and 15 seconds with fatigue on the way home.

Steve has a lurgy, on the mend. Keith ran 3 x 3 minute efforts on Thursday and 3km tempo this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m