Stromlo XC Intervals 4 x 600m

This morning very cold for Steve when he did his 4 x 600m set. Splits: 1:55,1:54,1:54,1:53.

Weather was much warmer in the afternoon for my set, light breeze. Splits: 1:55,1:55,1:53,1:48. I really struggled to get moving...fatigue, the lingering niggles and still wearing trainers. I kept running after the set clocking 18km.

I tried to get my set done yesterday but was really sore and tired after the XC handicap. All I could manage was 1000m efforts in 3:55 and 3:30, also incorporated into a long run of 16km.

No track this week due to Easter. Despite the fatigue and niggles I'll keep pushing through the sets and get a little more rest in between. The training form will come back in a week or so.

Keith is volunteering for the folk festival at the moment. He slept rough in the cold 3 degree morning and managed a 2 hour run yesterday. Helen is down south for a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024