BBQ Stakes Maximum Threshold 6km XC 22:11

At lunch weather almost perfect with full sun, warm, light to moderate winds on the exposed sections high on the course. My run of 22:11 done in training shoes again, I'll keep it that way for the next few weeks. I really felt great throughout the run with minimal loss of speed in the final kilometres.

Helen ran another strong effort finishing 1st on handicap with 29:31. She is back to within a few seconds of the form that gave her three medals (one of each colour plus a Quokka) in the World Masters Athletics Championships in Perth 2016. I had no hope of catching her today.

Next set on Saturday will be light. Main event of the weekend with be Mothers Day Classic fun runs of 5km (Helen, Jack, myself) and 10km (Steve).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024