Keith 6 x 3 minute efforts ; Steve 7 x 60 second efforts : Both 60 seconds recovery

Keith on undulating road ran 6 x 3 minute efforts with 1 min jog recovery. Mostly up first three intervals, mostly down last three efforts. Splits: 3:46/km,4:11/km,4:10/km,3:46/km,3:35/km,3:45/km. Keith has his local fun run at the end of the month.

Steve having come off a 10km fun run on Sunday ran 7 x 60 second efforts, 60 seconds recovery at 3:20/km. Next race for Steve is a half marathon at the end of May. Things should go well.

Of me: 14km today on XC surface. Felt good throughout. Tomorrow a local fun run I've done over the last few years. I'll treat it as I did a couple of days ago with steady start, find the maximum threshold groove and hold. Volume is now at 140km last 7 days. I'm 3 weeks into this training block after a two week taper and hard racing over 4 days. Week 6 usually has me super strong again. I have no races planned until 22 July. Saturday will be my big set of the week, long intervals at full gas with long recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024