Structured Training Resumes

After a day of active recovery (a couple of slow runs) I'm ready to commence structured training again. My next race is on 16th July, Sutherland to Surf 11km. As I've done every time I've run this road race (since 2015) I'll aim to set a season best on all my splits up to 10km and then complete the run having already left everything I had out there. I sometimes stop dead at 10km for 15-20 seconds or just jog slowly to the finish.
Training starts today with 100m leg speed strides. Then add in short intervals, long  intervals, short time trials and a long time trial (Parkrun). If my body holds together without niggles I'll race Parkrun this Saturday and start building the form up to Sutherland to Surf by repeating similar sessions.
After Sutherland to Surf I'll have a week of active recovery and start a 9 month build up towards Australian Masters Athletics Championships to be held in Hobart Tasmania commencing on 29th March 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024