Longish Run

Back at Majura again, a lap of the mountain, through the saddle. Attacked on the first climb accompanied by Bella, caught Heidze and kt, kept on going. Kelley bridged the gap, gt joined us briefly. Kelley and I battled it out over the next 30 minutes, Bella getting tired. When Kelley stopped talking I knew I had her. Caught and passed Minnie (who had taken a short cut) with 4 km to go. Bella caught between the 3 of us. Bella put in a huge surge to bridge the 300m in 20 seconds, joined us with a km to go. Kelley kicked hard down the hill, won in 69:59. Mia and Mick came in after Minnie, then the girls who got lost while talking. Roget came in with gt who was very tired. In the end Pete claimed victory. Didn't realise he was sitting in the car already when we got back.

An afternoon ploddle after the Tour Down Under will give 25km for the day and my last 120km week for a month...taper land:-) Wednesday is the handicap Pennington 800m....I need some luck and help to catch the girls. Following week my first races as a 50yo, off to NZ two days later. Then all eyes on the ACT 10000m and 5000m champs....I've entered the Canberra Half Marathon. Six days after the AMA Champs is too close I know, but my best chance of posting a quick time on what is a fast course on paper, although at sea level like in Melbourne or Gold Coast would be quicker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024