AMA Championships 10000m

Cool, sunny and no wind for the start of the females race. The breeze picked up half way through and became a stiff breeze with stronger gusts by the younger males race. Very nice conditions for running even with the wind.

ACTVAC had plenty of medalists among the females and some with some quick times.

My race had Brendan Whelan as a threat although he hadn't been doing much running since January (told me before the start of the race). I wasn't sure if he was fibbing so I decided to lead from the gun but not go out too hard. It took me 3000m to drop him by running a solid even tempo. I held good form and pace to 6km before the wind started to get the better of me. 33:48 is identical to what I ran last year in similar conditions. I ended up lapping Brendan with a lap to go and third place twice...can't really complain about that.

Later a jog back to the track to watch the girls run their 800s and some very exciting racing. All did well. Helen 2:51 a near PB and season best. Maria 2:51 and a bronze. Kathy 2:53 and a silver. Emma a front running 2:33 and a gold.

Comments

David said…
Congrats on toughing out by yourself.
Good luck in the 5k and XC, should be a walk in the park.
Ta David. Hope the leaking leg gets better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024