AMA Championships 5000m

Really enjoyed watching and cheering on today with so much great racing in all the ages and sexes. For me the Women younger ages was a highlight with such talent and determination across the board. Conditions were great early again with very cool and still conditions. As usual by 10am the breeze was blowing, in the back straight this time. I would say it didn't really slow me down until 3000m (9:38) but then I started losing 3 seconds a lap.

Of us: Maria, Kathy and Helen all in the medals and all season bests. Helen had to wait 4900m to catch third place after being down 100m at one stage. Steve and Keith both ran strongly with a PB and very near PB. There were plenty more great times by ACTVAC runners. Our great friend Michelle was awesome in 19:09. Emma 4th in the 400m to go with Gold in the 800&1500m.

I will try to post a video of the race by the younger women. Great to witness.

Tmoz the cross country at Stromlo. I hope M35 Darren Peacock from NT runs so I can race him.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024