More hard sessions

A blessing of not having raced for a few weeks has been bumping up the volume and completing more hard sessions. It's been 3 good weeks of an average 115km per week, maxing out at just over 120km.

The Saturday session has been great running with athletes closer to my level who can push me late in the session. The set is at Stromlo: 2000m, 1500m, 1200m, 800m, 400m. Times for the last 3 set efforts have been near times I would do on track despite the howling wind and drizzle.

The Tuesday session has been done alone at Stromlo or today at AIS for the first time. 4-5 x 800m with 200m jog in 1 minute. Today all the efforts were in 2:32 or better. I've usually been squeezing in two of these sessions each week at Stromlo in lieu of not risking short lactate intervals.

Tomorrow I will attempt 5x300m with 100m jog recovery. After that session I will know what I may or may not race on Thursday. Hopefully it will be the club 1500m championship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024