Pacing Session : 5000m

Perfect conditions again, for us all an 800m @ 5000m tempo. I paced Helen & Maria @ 20:38 pace, then Kathy @ 21:28 pace, then myself @ 15:38 pace...just to get the feel of the track again. In two days the ACTVAC 5000m championships and a good tester for nationals.

Still lots of kilometres in the legs, 114km in the last 7 days for me, will be down to 105km by this Thursday, only half a taper.

Sometimes an injury can be a blessing...since the purchase and week long use of new shoes and a subsequent shoe related injury I've had to take stock and had to go back to basics. Then along came S&J at exactly the right time. I remember at Tilleys Devine Cafe the question 'what would you do to get ready starting from blank 6 weeks out of Nationals'? For me: 'Back to basics and build again'...for them pretty much the same. The last three Saturdays have been awesome training. 6 km of work each Saturday, every week better, you can read in previous posts, back to where I was earlier in the year.

You never know what can happen in the space of 20 days...let it unfold:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024