ACTVAC Track Finale 2013

Last meet before the track is ripped up and renewed.

3000m: Me on pacing duties, every 100m in 20 or a touch under for 9:5? Along the way Steve held on for 5 laps 10:10? (season best) and Keith 10:22 (lifetime best and getting very close to the ACTVAC M55 record). That's a great way to end part 1. Anthony Kennedy also a run out of the box low 10s...great running you three.

800m Higgins handicap: In honour of the only runner to die at an ACTVAC track meet. Minute Silence.

Almost 30 runners lined up. I'd never won this event, best a 2nd & 3rd. While I haven't got any slower than in 2008 (even quicker if anything) those around me have slowed. I thought 2:16 would do the job. Set the beeper on 17s and was 2 metres under at the first 100m and got in the groove for a 2:15 and win by 30 metres or so. I must have gone through 600m in 1:41 which is a tad quicker than training on Tuesday (see the previous post) and held onto it to the end.

I still have 146km in the legs this week after doing another long run yesterday. My head has already gone to the marathon.

We have scheduled a 5000m handicap TT in training on Saturday morning. It may be raining so see how that pans out. I hope to test myself and my friends.

Track gets ripped up on Wednesday so there will be a Tuesday session before Victorian 5000m Championships on Thursday. Same session as I did last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024