Spring Series Boat House East 5km

The course slightly different than the previous two runs with a washout on the bike path adding an extra hill into the mix.

On the positive: Near exact splits on the out and back course of 8:45 giving 17:30 or 3:30/km. The running form was good. I didn't fatigue much at all. I won by 30seconds.

On the negative: My two efforts in November 2009 were 16:07 and 16:14 (with help of some great runners). No matter how I look at it 2kg overweight off 7 days training and 1.5 lungs and broken ribs 17:30 is an awful result so no Zatopek Lower Grades 10000m next Thursday. I will have to take the long road back into form.

Long road back into form means next Tuesday another fake race 5km at Stromlo. The following weekend Black Mountain Challenge 5km run (last 2.5km up,up,up). Sessions and long runs in between.

Big picture: Broken ribs should be better in 4 weeks. Oceania Masters 5000m and Half Marathon in first weeks of January to aim for. I am from this day forward aiming for a good marathon in Paris in April. I need a rocking 10km before then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024