Keith in Bega

Down in Bega Keith continues with the similar sessions we do here, although on different days. Today it was 4 x 2000m (7:17,7:24,7:34,7:50). Bear in mind Keith is 5 years older than us, he is in very good shape for the off season.

For two days straight I have run to work and back. That is normal for winter on a few days each week as the light gets shorter and the temperature colder. At this rate I will be near 120km for the week, so long as the niggles stay away. I still have a 5 x 800m session to do on the way home.

It's been two months since damaging my achilles by wearing middle distance spikes in the 10000m in Hobart. I can now say it is 95% better and some other niggle can soon take its place. As well as all the stretching, ice and so on I've invested in some more of the same I already have 'light marathon' shoes with ample cushioning. In those I'll be doing all of my speed work until the spring to minimise the risk to injury. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024