Long Run #1

Exactly five weeks after the marathon I think I am getting back on track. Today a pain free 76 minutes to the Arboretum and back, mostly on stable, soft and undulating surfaces. That takes the total over 100km for the week, the first in a long time it seems.

I am also at the point where I can add another session mid-week. I will try 5 x 800m with 1-2 minutes recovery on track but only wearing training shoes and nothing faster than 2:40 or 3:20/km. I'm very happy with my progress since starting the new training cycle 11 days ago and can see it is highly possible my first race could be Gold Coast Half and not City2Surf. Will see how it all goes.

In Melbourne Keith, also 11 days into the new cycle, ran a 10km in 39 minutes. Keith, like me, is a few kilo overweight. Judging by his speed session mid-week it is only the weight that is holding him back. I expect we will all be running strongly by the end of June.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024