Merimbula Fun Ron 10km ; ACT Masters XC Handicap 4km

Keith in Merimbula got to race the likes of Marty, Joshua and Sarah over 10km. There must have been some money on offer to attract the stars. Keith posted 38:18 just to finish in front of Sarah. That's a pretty good result for Keith, first M50 plus and another great duel between the two. Up here in Canberra a beautiful morning, even a little warm. I posted a whole minute slower than this time last year, losing most of my time on the rutted track on the 2km descent. I just couldn't get myself into a risk taking mood and even on the climb back up the mountain I was cautious so as not to damage the achilles. It was my first run in racing flats which is a positive. No damage done and I should be able to use them in training at Stromlo next week. I couldn't catch either Ken or KT back did manage to catch GT for 15th across the line. AST was 86% and probably reflects where I am at. A month ago it was 83%. That left me with lots of running to do this afternoon. A long recovery run of 75 minutes at around 5min/km on the bush tracks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024