Bruce Ridge : 3 x 1km hill invervals

Too windy for track this morning, onto the fire trails instead. 6km warm up, 3 x 1000m hill intervals (basically all up with two false flats and one small dip, a tough climb at 600m, finish 200m with high lactate).

On course Tori, Emma, Roget, Gabe, Helen, Keith from Bemboka and Me. Not possible to run easy on the circuit, everyone above maximum threshold. Keith very impressive today. Started strong and was progressively quicker, was not far behind me (4:09,4:01,3:50). Emma fastest of the girls. Helen still recovering from One Hour Run but still strong.

Of me: A long run yesterday 75 minutes to loosen the muscles. I didn't want to do it (very sore), but glad I did. Almost as good as a massage. My splits: 4:00, 3:55, 3:49. The final split my quickest on circuit (which says a lot for Keith). Another run this afternoon when the cold front passes. Tomorrow a long run. The virus I've had all week still lingers but doesn't affect my breathing at all.


Next two races: This Thursday 5000m on track. In two weeks City2Sea 15km in Melbourne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024