City2Sea Preview

Well it is Wednesday and my legs still feel terrible. A solid 50 minutes this afternoon out and back as I did yesterday. The legs will be good tomorrow when I do my 1000m tempo run in 3:00 or so on track. If not a complete day off will freshen them up. Distance last 7 days 96km. It will stay like that until Saturday when it will be in the 70s or low 80s. I am on track duty tomorrow evening.

City2Sea weather looks terrible. Wet and windy will suit me as I can find a small bunch and hang in there for a while seeking cover. Most of the race should be into the wind. 2011 was the last time I did the race as 14km and 48:30 or so, 14th place. Typically I am 30th in an AthsVic XCR race of the same distance and 50-60th in BIG sister City2Surf 14km. Gives an idea of depth of field. Two of the top 4 M50+ reside in Victoria, chances of bumping into one on race day is possible. Steve is running well. I would have a chance against John although he is as tough as they come.

Being an easy week I have had time on my hands...for playing water fights with Bella. (pulled the GoPro out especially for it)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024