ACT Masters Track : One Mile : The Comedy

OK so maybe I got carried away on my 4th stride during the warm-up for the Mile, saw the 13.9 (wind with + 3.5mps in the back straight) and twang the right hammy (not the usual left). Out came the right thumb and finger grabbing whatever I could tight tissue and squeezing hard...all good maybe!! Only had two minutes to get it right before the gun.

It's become a habit now...Anthony takes a couple of laps, I take the next laps. I sat in there and relaxed (hiding from the wind) until I was confident I would do no further damage to the hammy. Lap 1 79, Lap 2, 3 quicker, Lap 4 the quickest. The wind in the home straight was awful for all the laps.

Results: Mile: Me 5:11, Anthony 5:13, Helen 6:47
3000m: V 10:54 (easily beat all the males)
5000m: Roget 22:10. It was Pentathlon evening so a reduced track schedule.

I have a head cold / chest infection, twang the hammy and I am still positive. Really I've only missed one session in a few weeks. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow but ultimately if I don't race tomorrow evening I don't drive to Melbourne and back next Thursday for Zatopek lower grades 10000m.

Regardless I will be there tomorrow evening to cheer or pace or video Steve and Keith in the ACT Masters 3000m Championships. See what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m