ACT Masters Track : 3000m / 5000m

Not so good weather last evening and not many turned up. It was raining most of the meet and blowing a gale from the south-east. I stayed at home until I had to, just as it stopped raining and started drizzling. When the sun set the gale turned into a strong wind.

First up a leg in the 4 x 1500m relay with Helen and two others. There were only two teams and it was a close contest. Helen ran 6:17 leg 1, I did 5:32 leg 3 as a warm up (got quicker each lap) and set up the final leg with both teams together. My team mate Steve held off Nigel in an exciting race.

3000m / 5000m: A few good runners turned up late, many in better form than me. M30 winner ran 16:07, 'bunch of three' ran 16:22. Keith ran 18:10. I was with 'bunch of three' which was a bunch of five. We went through 2000m in 6:32 which is slow but not surprising given the wind. I was just thinking about that and a possible time (16:25 my guess), looked up and Mr Orange had let go of the first two into the main straight headwind, Mr White ran around Mr Orange and chased the front two, I ran around Mr Orange, chased Mr White into the wind and just made contact turning into bunch of four. Next time into the wind I cracked and game over. I ran to 3000m and stopped my race in 9:59. 'Bunch of three' ran together until the end. Last lap was quicker.

That's it for me this year. I'll have a run next week but as of today I'm going back into hard work to rebuild the base over the Christmas Break. The tail end of the virus is still lingering. As with my co-workers who also have had the virus it hangs around for a few weeks. A long run today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024