Stromlo XC Intervals ; Kathy in HI

A few more back from holidays today. It was cool with a stiff breeze. The grass has been cut a little closer to the true line making it nearer an accurate length (it has been longer for many months). Having said that the quickest line is still where it was cut previously. Anything off that line is very soft under foot. The hill loop extension is looking better due to rain and irrigation. Still a work in progress.

Set 1: Steve, festive elf and myself: 2000m 7:01, 1500m 5:04, 1200m 4:02, 800m 2:34, 400m 70. Elf was untimed but looked quick to me. Steve was just behind on the first three efforts, equal on the fourth, well ahead (66) on the 400m. I have a niggle (referred pain in the ankle). I held back on the first three efforts although was good on the second and third due to not running the first hard. In the last two efforts I had Steve to push me or to chase.

Set 2: Pam was early, ran on her own and was solid. Maria, Helen and Tori ran together. Emma did hill lactate intervals. 'A' (new) ran fast and many kilometres. He is a very fit boxer! The set (same as last two weeks). 2.5km done as two 4 minute efforts with 100m float recovery plus the remaining distance (300m), paced by me. Maria exact same time as last week 10:46 (net 10:25), Helen 10:48 (net 10:27). The girls pushed each other all the way. Now two of them capable of sub-21 mins on track and looking great.

KT and Missy were continuing their comebacks from injury. Missy is looking quite good again. KT also looking good, should be quick again soon if she is patient.

Brunch was at Cafe Guru near home, one of the few open for the next week or so.

Of me: I have to be patient too until I sort this niggle. Back off the volume, try to get the sessions done and lots of manipulation, stretching and ice to my hamstring, back and ankle until I get things right. Having said that I still ran 17km this morning. No afternoon run planned. I'll see what Bella has to say about that.

So we've had Gabe in Bali, S&FE in Noosa, countless on the coast and Kathy in HI (poor me in the backyard). Some images from Kathy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024