AIS Track : Direct Preparation for 2000m, 3000m

Last track meet of the year on Thursday. On offer is a 2000m to guess own time early and a 3000m / 5000m late. Highlights of the program are the Presidents Cup Handicap 100m and a 100m walk relay. Santa will be there with presents. Supper will be consumed post-events.

Today a very similar set to last week except the pace up a notch. Steve is on holidays so I had Kathy and Helen to race around the track. We all did the set together with chasing start, not paced.

The set: 2.5km warm up, 4 x 100m, 1000m (Me 3:02 ; Helen 3:59 ; Kathy 4:28), 3 x 400m (Me 70,68,66 ; Helen 88, 86, 84 ; Kathy ?), 2000m warm down, myself an extra 1000m with Bella the dog. Helen her best set of this summer, had a ski accident early in the year. Kathy two weeks back from Nepal, also has a chest infection.

In Bega Keith did the same set on grass. His 1000m in 3:25. Hard to compare as Keith was on a glorified paddock. Keith ready to start a hard phase again.

For me on Thursday track: 2000m guess my time is 6:16 (bottle of wine the prize if I guess right, no watches). I have won with 4:00 pace before...no challenge as that is locked in from pacing the girls. Late 3000m, my fastest for this summer? I think I can do that, the chest a little better today.

Comments

Cecilia said…
Well best of luck on that chest working well for you tomorrow so you can snatch a fast 3km to close the year, and perhaps a bottle of wine too!
No luck Cecilia but had fun trying. Bon Noel to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024