Power Hills : 10 x 22-26 seconds

One of my weaknesses this summer has been a loss of power as I noted in my strides and efforts up to 300 metres. It took me a long while to get moving quickly again. Over the last few weeks there has been some improvement with some 200s down to 31 (should be under 30). I haven't had anything better than 51s for 300m (should be under 50s).

Today a mini-set to help address that. The session took no more than 30 minutes and included 10 x 150 metres on a steep slope with jog back recovery. Times started at 26 seconds, reduced to 22 seconds by the end of the set. I did favour my troublesome left ankle during the set. Today again I used the same hill where I screwed my peroneal tendons back in 2010.

Storms are brewing this afternoon. I may have to dodge them to get in another hour of easy running.

Comments

Cecilia said…
I definitely need to work on hills, and I've go to start soon so that I can power up and over the nasty climbs on the Puffing Billy course!
What a great run Puffing Billy is. I think registrations open soon. I've only run 3 times, in the 90s when I lived in Melbourne. Maybe I can do again in 2015. Good luck Cecilia.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024