ACT Masters Track Season Finale 2014

Jimmy the Santa Elephant ; Emma and Helen tagging in the 100m walk relay.

WOW what a great evening. It started with Jimmy as an elephant (previously Borat and Kermit Frog singing Rainbow Connection...a big step up this evening with battery powered fan to keep his costumed inflated:-) Everyone was happy. I had many good conversations.

The two legged long jump, one legged triple jump, left handed shot put, 100m walk relay, 100m President's Handicap, some other running, supper and pizza to finish.

Of me: 2000m guess your time. No chance of a season best this evening. I guessed 6:16 in perfect conditions, add 10 seconds for the 39kph wind which was consistent all evening, add 5 seconds for running in lane two and passing an elephant twice=6:31. I rounded it down to 6:30 and ran 6:31...doh, lost by 0.7 seconds to Ruth who won the bottle of wine. I was near flat out for 3 laps, re-calculated the maths on lap 4 (ahead of schedule I thought, slowed), big kick in the home straight last lap with second guessing myself.

3000m: Wind was still 39kph, held 3:20/km for 6 laps despite the wind, one very bad lap, last lap OK. 10:10. All up a good evening. 20km done (ran from home and back to track).

Next up...not much. I've started the process of consistent 120km+ weeks. Six weeks will give me great shape again, all the sessions.

Keith had stomach cramps but did well to hold off V.

With many of my friends on the coast I will look to doing a time I wanted to do this evening on a Sunday morning at track before the New Year, either this weekend or next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m