ACT Masters Track Meet 2016 #2

Weather warm, some wind in back straight (dry northerly, tailwind for the sprints), really not too bad for running up to middle distance. Back at the AIS again, the track is set for sprinters...hard as a rock.

3000m: Steve a win, bravo. Stuey and Steve shared the lead. I jogged until they caught me with 3 laps to go, did my best to pace them but I was a bit erratic. Steve around had a good kick at the end. Louise classy. Kathy, Helen and Minnie ran but times were slow understandably in the conditions.

800m: Steve another easy win, bravo and had it all on his own. It took me a lap to get on the rails, I wasn't willing to run quicker than 2:30 or so, had to wait for people to tire. Got a sit on Leanne until 100m to go, would have been happy to coast but a male put his nose in front with 30m to go. 2nd in 2:29. Steve 2:27

10000m: I felt fluent in the 800m and especially first 2000m of the 10km (almost all of it really)...that's a good sign. 2000m splits: 6:43,7:02,7:11,7:18:7:07=35:21. I had my own drink station set up in the back straight (3-4 other bottles there). Every visit cost me 5 seconds or so (6 visits), carried the bottle one lap before placing back on table. Achilles a bit sore on right leg last 4km, didn't push it. Lapped the field 3 times, definitely the worst field ever since 2007.

All up a good training session.

Next set on Saturday, we are putting game face on using beeping watch on 100m posts. The numbers won't lie. Our favourite step down set from 2000m, full gas, 4 minute recovery. Three sets of these and we will be moving nicely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024