ACT Masters XC Handicap Campbell Park 6km

Weather cool, some wind. The twisting two loop course boggy from thunderstorms over the last week with mud, wet grass and such.

Also out there running were Minnie, Helen, Gabe, SK, Carolyne, Bob and many others. I've moved back up to the longer course in my last year as M50 to set some new course records as M50 and challenge my M45 records. The longer courses are generally double the distance of short course, up to 10km and more hilly.

Thomas 6km: Splits: 2km 7:28, 5km 18:30, last km 3:22 = 21:52 (M50 course record) 29th place on handicap Age standard 93+. My old M45 (and all-time)record 6km 20:30 (2010) on a faster course version in dry conditions and 3km 10:30 (2011). On today's course version of 3km 10:55 (2015) about the same speed I ran today for 6km (two laps).

Right achilles / calf still a little sore. I was at maximum threshold without toeing off on suspect leg. I wore ankle tape on left leg.

This afternoon a 15km cruise to average 110km a week for the month of July.

Results below. Gwen 101% ast on short course...too good.Video by Ewen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024