Big Saturday : Long Stepdown XC Intervals ; Keith in Bega ; Mia and Roget run the ''Killer''

Up very early this morning. Weather mild, cloudy, still. Steve, Minnie and I doing same set.

The set: 2500m warm up, 4 x 100m, 6,5,4,3,2,1 min efforts, 60 seconds jog recovery. I was through 1000m in 3:11 and 3 seconds quicker than previous effort (which is quicker than anything I've done on that tough loop). Remaining efforts were solid and consistent. Last 400m in 69. Steve was close behind on all efforts, he's catching up fast and as always super strong last 400m. Minnie did set on own and very well.

Keith in Bega on grass track did our short lactate set on 600m 1:55, 500m 1:38, 400m 76, 300m 57, 200m 37, 100m 15.The usual warm up and warm down. Keith is still flying along.

Mia, Tori and Roget did the Killer from Cotter dam. It's a run many old farts have been doing for decades on or near New Years day. 20km+ depending on loop variation, two river crossings (one swimmable), super hilly. Pete was on mtb carrying drinks.

We all met for brunch later in the morning.

Of me: 19km done this morning. I'm in super shape to start the new year as all my stats show. I haven't raced hard since September so will be interesting to see how the form is over half marathon and 10000m on track a fortnight later if all goes well. That will inform what happens next in the program. I'm open minded about the race schedule for Australian Masters Athletics Championships in April. One option is to miss the 10000m and race 800m, 1500m, 5000m and cross country. There are two Australian world class M50s in 800m and 1500m (Robert and Allan). It might be a fun option for me just to get sucked along with others. I'll enter everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024