Cadbury Hobart Tasmania Half Marathon aka Australian Masters Athletics Half Marathon Championships 2016

My first road race for 2016 and first race over 3km since September 2015 is done. The weather ideal, almost still, cloudy, a little humid. The course changed slightly since I last ran in 2010. It must be quicker by a minute or two.

I booked this trip back in September as a substitute for Xmas as Minnie has to work. It was more of a holiday thought bubble than a race initially although I hadn't run a half marathon in 2015 at all. Unless I race half marathon in World Masters Athletics Championships in Perth next November there probably won't be another in 2016.

The race...well there were two. Liam Adams and everyone chasing him, then the Australian Masters Championships. That was pretty much the top 10 males. There were many fine age category racers both male and female behind that. I don't have their results as yet but Lavinia and Ron were in the field of around 60.

Of me: Followed a small bunch of masters for 1km or so, 3:24. Second kilometre I moved to the front, ran another 3:24 and I was alone out front. I was surprised Antony didn't come with me but knew he would come through later on. I led for the first 11km solo, Antony came through, I got a sit for 2km and then lost him at the drink station. At first the gap wasn't big. 2km later he was still moving nicely, I was getting a bit ragged and the gap blew out by the finish. Minnie had a nice run in W50-54 category.

Results top ten and images from weekend below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024