2018 : From Passage du Gois (Tour de France) to Malaga (World Masters Athletics Championships)

It's not often the future box gets opened in an unexpected way but it did today. After a few days of rumours 2018 Tour de France will start in Vendee, possibly on the Passage du Gois. The rumours will be completely confirmed later in the month.

What that means for me is a 3 month holiday in France, Spain and elsewhere again, for the first time since 2011. Instead of sulking at home in the freezing Canberra winter I'll be living a life out of the back of a Renault Kangoo.

Using up all of the 90 days the Schengen Convention has to offer I'll leave Australia in mid-June and wind the holiday up with World Masters Athletics Championships in Malaga Spain, around 16th September.

Tour de France 2018 is expected to run along similar lines to 2011, the year Cadel Evans won. From Vendee to Brittany to Massif Central to Pyrenees to Alps to Paris.

I've still got my 10th consecutive Tour de France journey to get through in a few months. I've got to say I'm more looking forward to the 11th.

Images from 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024