Long Mountain Run 27km

I bumped into orienteering friends Jase and Rob not far from home this morning, joined them for a 2 hour mountain run. Lots of hills, some bush single track, two big climbs to Dairy Farmers Hill and the summit of Black Mountain. On the flat sections pace was fluent and faster.

I lost a lot of fluid out there, weight was very low on the scales. That's enough long stuff for me. Weight is under control, I'm feeling good. This week tops out at 144km or 90 miles. I'll start a slow taper from now to reach under 100km/week in two weeks and 85km/wk a few days later, just before the 10000m club championships.

Keith also did a long run of 18km today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024