ACT Masters 10000m Championships

Weather not as bad as it was earlier in the day. Started the run at 32 degrees light winds, I finished at 30 degrees no wind, very low humidity. I had Minnie handing me a bidon or cup of water every lap except the first lap. That got me around 25 laps in better shape than all the other competitors. Minnie said those who took no water totally cracked in the second half. One or two had the wobbles.

I only got 3 laps in before I cooked. I found a steady rhythm at 85 second laps to get me home safely. Now the fun begins...a month of 1500m / 800m training and racing (unless I get injured in the process). Next week on track a Mile and a 3000m. Next set on grass at Stromlo. I'll see how I feel on day to decide set. I ran to work this morning, felt good.

Lap sheet and results below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024