World Masters Games Auckland : Recovery Day 7km plus 5 x 100m Strides

Another train ride out to the track for a 7km jog and 5 x 100m strides on grass. I managed to catch some 400m finals action men and women. Also had a chat to club mates Mark (100m,200m) and Alison(400m).

On the train ride home I decided to skip the cross country on Sunday and come home Friday. Our club has a 10km XC on Sunday and the weather in Oz will be much better (Oz weather is coming to NZ Friday through Monday...it's not good).

Tomorrow I am committed to 10000m 100%. No 800m for me although it would be much more fun. I need a crack at sub-34 10km here or I have to try in the heat of Darwin in June at Noon or chase a 10km somewhere else. It's a yearly constant goal.

So tomorrow 10000m M50-59 on track around Noon in 22 degrees, wind possibly freshening from the north.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024