Road From World Masters Athletics Championships Perth 2016 : 10000m

Weather for the 10000m races was warm to hot, not as windy as the 5000m. For me it was my first race against a very good Kenyan, so good he was toying with us, pace was start stop and with surges. When the Kenyan surged mid-race I was dropped from the leading bunch. Ben managed to stay with him for the longest. I had to fight hard to claw my way past Anders back into 3rd place and still post a decent time.

The women races were held the day before. My two good friends Carol and Helen both ran well, as they did in the cross country and 5000m. Helen, my key training partner of the last 3 years picked up a silver medal to go with bronze in the cross country and a team gold. All her races were fighting efforts and her rewards well deserved. 10000m was her last race of the championships.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024