Stromlo 22km including 6 x 2 minute efforts

This morning at Stromlo XC a repeat of last week with 22km including two near identical sets, first with Steve, second with KT.

The set: Warm up, 5 x 100m strides, 6 x 2 minute efforts with 30 seconds float recovery, warm down. My pace was similar in both sets with lift in pace on the final 2 efforts of each set. Both Steve and KT were moving well. It was very warm by the end of the set with KT.

My track racing for 2017 should be over in a fortnight. This week I'll look to run 5000m, the following week an 800m handicap I'd like to win. I'll be changing sets a little to include 800m specific training and see how that goes. I'd like to do some fast sets on track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024