BBQ Steaks 6km Maximum Threshold Handicap Run 21:40

Sunny, very warm and some wind today for BBQ Steaks 6km low key lunchtime handicap. With track in full swing I haven't run a full 6km BBQ at maximum threshold for a few weeks.

No warm up except for a few strides. I used the first minute of so to warm into it until I found my threshold. I caught the starters before me much earlier than last week when I turned off the gas with 2km to go. Helen started late and had too much CIT food previous evening. I caught her much earlier too. I kept the flow going all the way home, could have run quicker in the last 1500m except for the people traffic. A nice workout, very sweaty at the end. Too hot for running fast, glad I did it. 21:40 is similar to other threshold sessions. 21:05 is full gas after decent warm up and nice conditions.

1500m track tomorrow. Having run fastish today pressure is off for doing the 3000m or 5000m late in the evening. I'll see how I feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024