ACT Masters XC Championships 8.4km 28:25 1st

Stromlo XC this morning was venue for the ACT XC Championships. The ACT Masters XC race was combined with Male 18-19. For me that was great being challenged and pushed by five young and talented competitors. Weather was cool and extremely windy at 35-45kph. Course used all the biggest hills. I had to survive all the big hills and hide from the wind as best as I could. Somehow I managed to get the better of all but one of my five much younger competitors.

My race was solid from the gun with Callan solo off the front for 5.5km and bunch of 5 chasing including myself. The bunch split after 4km. I crossed all the gaps until Will(NSW)and I caught Callan (who pulled out soon after). Will surged, I found myself in 2nd place with a gap of 30-40 seconds back to three chasers from the original bunch. It stayed that way to the finish. I had a great run, hard to fault.

ACT Masters had Gabe, Mia, Leanne x 2 and Melissa all having solid runs in the elements. Scott and Shane were 2nd and 3rd Masters, around 2:30 behind myself.

Next set is on Monday with 600m efforts. Long recovery run tomorrow morning. Shorter recovery run this afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024