BBQ Stakes Maximum Threshold 6.1km XC 21:50

Cool, sunny, light winds for my weekly lunchtime blast on the hilly BBQ Stakes course. Both Helen (30 minutes low) and myself ran as short intervals with short recovery after warm up on course. Last kilometre for me was full gas as I chased down Jeremy who started just over a minute ahead. He had a great run and we had a great race to the line. All good fun. Three seconds quicker than last week, 17 seconds slower than my best this year.

I tried out different shoes today (my 10km/half marathon race shoes). They were no grip on the XC surface, I won't try them again at BBQ, stick with the old trainers.

In the afternoon an easy recovery run to make 21km for the day, 130km last 7 days. Evening was spent with Deek at a screening of the Boston Marathon documentary.

Saturday will be a light set of short intervals at Stromlo XC circuit. Sunday is a very hilly XC race of 9.3km handicap. I'll be going full gas out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024