Parkrun Coombs 5km XC 17:36 1st ; Stromlo XC Fartlek Session

This morning the weather awful with strong winds, cold, snow on surrounding hills. With most of my friends busy I opted for a maximum threshold effort at Parkrun Coombs, the slowest I've run on (being hilly and all XC) but the closest to my home. 8am Parkrun start allowed me to still make it to Stromlo to continue the morning of running with our normal training session at 830am.

I had just 6 minutes warm up and started slow. Early leader was running too quick for me until 2km when I'd warmed up enough to lift the tempo to 3:20/km, take the lead and hold at my maximum threshold all the way back up to the finish with a sizeable gap. Course was muddy in places, some puddles but not as bad as it could have been.

After warm down I found myself at Stromlo for a 5km XC fartlek session with Jen who was moving along nicely at around 4:30/km. It was just as windy out there. We cheered on the 16km Pennington XC runners on our warm up and warm down.

All up 19km for the morning, an easy recovery run in the afternoon to make 25km for the day, 129km last 7 days.

Tomorrow a long run. Next session 600m XC efforts on Monday or Tuesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024