Parkrun Gungahlin 17:05 1st ; Parkrun Tuggeranong 17:17 1st

New Years Day Parkrun events this morning. 7:30am at Gungahlin, 9:30am at Tuggeranong...it was hot and sunny again, no wind.

Parkrun Gungahlin: 599 starters! Felt tired in the warm up, it wasn't until I did some strides I started to feel OK. Pace was fast from the start chasing a solo Speedygeese. No idea how fast (left Garmin at home), uncomfortable for me until I warmed up. I caught and passed him before half way, ran solo to finish. I was probably quicker through 3000m than 3 days ago, probably faster in the last 2000m as well. Overall 15 seconds quicker than Saturday at same course, 34 seconds slower than my course PB of a year ago.

In the car and off to Tuggeranong Parkrun: Start at Tuggeranong was very hot. I did a short warm up and some strides, some foam rolling as well. I had a banana and coffee on the drive.

Race: 592 starters! I was solo from the start. Slower start than earlier race, through half way in 8:35 and only slowed marginally on the return (mostly due to people, dogs, strollers everywhere). Time of 17:17 was 20 seconds slower than my course PB set 2 years ago. I broke all four M55 records held by Simon Claringbold.

The experience was fun with lots of people to talk to. I'll do more Parkrun events in the future.

After 3 Parkrun events and a couple of jogs in Nike Zoom Varorfly 4% Flynit I can say I am feeling comfortable running in them. I think their value is running faster when tired. I still have faster shoes in my cupboard.

Steve ran all six Canberra Parkrun yesterday, only two in attendance then. This morning somw 100m and 200m strides. Then 3 x 600m efforts 1:54,1:53,1:53.

Back to work tomorrow. This week will remain very hot for running. I will try to get most of my running done before work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024