Mid-Season Re-boot Mark II

Two weeks ago I took to a mid-season re-boot just when I was showing great form again...much the same as last year. The rationale this year was a postponement of the ACT Masters 5000m Championships by 7 weeks and a couple of niggles.

Last year I resumed structured sessions in the first week of March. Within four days I was posting season best sessions and built on that form up to the Australian Masters Athletics Championships in Perth. I hope to repeat that again this year for the AMAC in Melbourne.

Over the last two weeks I've had 10 long runs, most of them up-tempo (maximum 28km), average week of 130km+, biggest week 142km. No sign of any niggles at present. I'll have to build into the sessions slowly if I want to keep it that way.

Today was a 17km tempo run on wide forest trails. It was very warm and windy. 132km last 7 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024